John G. Bernheiser Educational Award
Build a Bright Financial Future with Riverfront
Applications are available April 1 through June 30.
John G. Bernheiser, past manager of Riverfront, was an unfaltering supporter of the credit union movement. His dedication and spirit enriched all of those his life touched. It was in celebration of his work and in tribute to his memory that the Board of Directors of Riverfront Federal Credit Union established the annual John G. Bernheiser Educational Award.
Riverfront will select five students to each receive a grant of $2000 toward an undergraduate study program at a qualifying institution. A qualifying institution is any institution listed in the Title IV Institutional Code List, and includes colleges, technical schools, nursing schools that are sponsored by hospitals, career institutes, etc. A random lottery is used to draw the names from the pool of applicants who meet all of the criteria. Award checks are made payable jointly to the student and the institution. Recipients are notified and checks are disbursed in August.
- Applicant must be the primary account holder of an active Riverfront Basic Savings account with a minimum balance of $5. Joint applicants are not eligible. If you don’t already have an account, open an account by May 31 to be eligible.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate study program for the Fall Semester at an institution listed in Title IV Institution Code List.
- Applicant must have a cumulative “B” grade point average of 3.0 or 80% or higher.
The application process runs from April 1 through June 30 annually.
The following items must be returned with your application:
- Transcript showing your cumulative grade point average. Printouts of online transcripts are acceptable to apply. If chosen, an official transcript must be presented in order to receive the educational award. An official transcript has a raised seal and/or the signature of the registrar.
- A formal acceptance letter or a copy of your online course schedule showing your Fall course schedule is acceptable as proof of registration for the Fall Semester.
- Application materials must be postmarked by June 30, 2017.
Bernheiser Award Application
All materials must be mailed to:
Riverfront FCU Bernheiser Award
1200 Broadcasting Road, Suite 100
Wyomissing, PA 19610