Awareness Makes Cents Campaign
Our seventh “Awareness Makes Cents Campaign” kicks off on October 1st! Check out what we have planned to promote early detection and raise funds for those who have been impacted by breast cancer in our local community.
Custom-Designed Piggy Bank Voting and Silent Auction
Our employees have created colorful hand-painted piggy banks that will be featured on our social media pages throughout the month. We encourage you to vote for your favorite via our Facebook page. All banks will be available for purchase via silent auction on our Facebook page. Bidding begins Wednesday, October 25th, 2023 (scroll down for complete auction rules and deadlines). Proceeds from all sales will be donated to local breast cancer service organizations.
Thursday, October 5th
The Lackawanna mobile mammography unit will be onsite from 9 am – 4 pm at our 2609 Keiser Boulevard office, offering free mammograms to the public regardless of whether individuals have insurance coverage. Pre-registration is required. Appointments will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
To inquire or set up an appointment, please fill out the registration form and submit by Wednesday, September 27th.
Saturday, October 14th
Mobile Pet Adoption with Humane PA (Keiser Blvd. office only) – Humane PA will have a mobile pet adoption in the parking lot from 10-12:00. Riverfront will be handing out gift cards and covering the adoption fees of any animals adopted during the event. Matching funds for all pets adopted that day will be given to local not for profits supporting those affected by breast cancer.
Thursday, October 19th
Flower Bouquet Day (2001 Museum Road office only) – Riverfront will be selling bouquets from Stein’s Flowers from 9 am – 2:00 pm for $15 each. Sales proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Support Services of Berks County (BCSS).
Other Ways to Participate Throughout the Month:
Donate – We’ll continue our tradition of having piggy banks at all branches so members can make donations that will be given to BCSS (http://www.bcssberks.org). At our Keiser office location, you can donate your spare change through an ITM transaction to help too!
Awareness Makes Cents Swag – Help us promote breast cancer awareness by purchasing one of our special swag items. Quantities are limited, so get yours today!
- Tee shirts – $20.00
- Pink Piggy Banks – $5.00 each.
Custom Instant Issue Awareness Makes Cents Debit Cards
You can choose this year’s Awareness Makes Cents design to be featured on your debit card. Show your support for the cause and carry our custom campaign debit card. For each card purchased, a donation of $10 will be made to Breast Cancer Support Services of Berks (BCSS), a local organization providing services to members of our community currently undergoing cancer treatment.
We hope you’ll join us in our efforts to spread awareness and show support for those in our community who have been impacted by breast cancer.
Online Silent Auction Rules
Bidding begins at 8:00 am EST on Wednesday, October 25th and ends on Wednesday, November 1st at 5:00 pm EST.
1. To bid on an Online Auction item, please enter your bid amount in the comment section under the Facebook piggy bank photo of your choice. The opening bid on each item must be a minimum bid of $5.00. Each subsequent bid must be made in $5 increments. Any bids not in increments of $5.00 will be declared invalid and voided.
2. Once the auction is declared closed, the highest bid entered in the comment section meeting the $5.00 increment requirement constitutes the winning bid and will be marked as such. In the event of a dispute, Riverfront FCU will act as the final authority.
3. The individual with the winning bid will be contacted via Facebook messenger to arrange payment and pick-up of their piggy bank at either Riverfront’s Museum Road or Keiser Boulevard branch location (piggy banks must be picked up and cannot be delivered).
4. Items purchased from the Online Auction must be paid in full with either cash or a personal check. Receipts will be available on request no later than November 15, 2023.
5. Any piggy bank left unclaimed after 2 weeks will be offered to the next highest bidder and sold.
6. By submitting a bid for the Online Auction, each bidder agrees to these Online Auction Rules. Riverfront Federal Credit Union reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the Online Auction. All auction item purchases are final. No returns or exchanges are permitted. All items are purchased “as is”.
7. Riverfront Federal Credit Union provides no guarantees, warranties or replacement of auction items and is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from the use of the item sold.